Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time Traveling


I've been thinking. Thinking about music and how important it is on our cognitive and what it does to us mentally. What I really like is the way it massages my senses and flares my nostalgia.

The best way to enjoy nostalgia, if you enjoy it at all, is to listen to songs that remind you of the past. What made me think of this was yesterday. Let me explain...Yesterday, I had to work and before I got into work I decided to listen to a playlist I made early last summer. While it was a tough summer, a lot happened for me. I started the very job I was walking into. Listening to that playlist took me back to last summer. The plot thickens! I was so in tune with the past that I put in the old door code from last summer and I could even smell the smells inside of the break room. I felt as if I had time traveled to July 2008. It was a really incredible feeling. In a sense the playlist is a time capsule. Bottling up the past and when I am ready to dig it up I can feel the feelings I felt at one specific time in my life.

Next time you listen to throwback jams, emerge yourself into the scene and enjoy that blast from the past. Whether it reminds you of that specific love interest that had you in love for like a week and you only listened to one song *Tear*, or maybe there was a really amazing time in your life you would love to relive. Do it with a song!! Some people like to do their childhood...not me specifically but whatever floats your boat.

All I am saying is, music can be more than just entertainment in the car, or a nice beat at the party. It should evoke feelings of pain, love, nostalgia, all of the above! Get your groove on!

Your Dancing Queen,
Attia

No comments:

Followers