Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Person America



   We all know how hard it is to stay afloat in this economy, with the rising prices, unemployment, and the loss of homes. Everything seems very, well, down. The best thing to cure our economic woes and blows would be none other than entertainment and art! You know like during the Great Depression! This art in specific is documenting the state we are in! It sounds awesome and very inspiring. 

First Person Arts  is hosting a national competition in search of the best photography, videos, and stories documenting our everyday struggles and hardships in this breaking and baking economy. If you are an artist (which I'm sure you are, those are the only people I seem to know anymore), then I think you should consider opening up your creative cavity and entering yourself into this competition!!

I wont lie, I am very excited to see the results of this competition because I would just love to see the artistic take on this situation. We are fed a lot of information on television and the internet but how are we seeing it? I'm also considering entering this competition, not with video but photography. I've been trying my hand at it and you know I think I'm starting to really like it! Yes, I am a person very much affected by this financial crisis. So it only makes sense! Artist...Crisis...hehe

Enough about me, c'mon people, lets get original and creative! 

Guidelines:
Writing submissions – up to 2,500 words.
Film and video submissions – up to five minutes, excluding credits.
Photography submissions - may include up to five photographs, with or without accompanying text of up to 100 words per image.

Submission deadline: June 30, 2009
For more info on this matter, check out http://firstpersonamerica.org/
You know you want to!

No comments:

Followers