Saturday, May 9, 2009

TOKYO!

Yesterday, I trekked downtown with my bud and went to see that new movie Tokyo!. I walked into The Ritz eager to see Michel Gondry's work (as he is my favorite director). I was not a huge fan of Be Kind Rewind and Science of Sleep did not quite pull me in with it's story line so I was bit skeptical about going to see this.

Not only did Michel Gondry do a spectacular job but the other two directors really impressed me. I was so enticed by the shots, the storylines, the actors, the sets, and the graphics. Way to go guys!! 

INTERIOR DESIGN - directed by Michel Gondry 
With: Ayako Fujitani, Ryo Kase, Ayumi Ito.

MERDE - directed by Leos Carax
With: Denis Lavant, Jean-Francois Balmer, Renji Ishibashi.

SHAKING TOKYO - directed by Bong Joon-Ho
With: Teruyuki Kagawa, Yu Aoi, Naoto Takenaka.
 

Tokyo! displays love, mischief, and a sense of belonging in a peculiar yet booming and beautiful city. It takes three perspectives on the culture and sense of humanity that takes place in Japan. The three films take you into the personal lives of ordinary or not so ordinary people and captures your heart whilst displaying the beauty of a place called Tokyo.
The characters are well developed in each film and often times leave you on the edge of your seat. Tokyo! was creative and the ideas and concepts were developed to perfection!

I recommend you go see this movie before it is out of theaters. I loved it! I will probably go see it again...thats just me. Until then, you enjoy your spring weather and stay out of the rain! Ciao for now...

Attia

1 comment:

bingo card said...

Good sharing in this blog. Specially video.
Thanks for sharing.
Christmas bingo

Followers