Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grow! Grow! Go!


Opening my eyes finally! I had two really great moments today! On my way home on the train, I realized how important it is for me to see the world. I ride the same train almost every day in the same direction and that doesn't really sit too well with me. It was almost like I could feel the days of my life being wasted away on the same railroad track, with the same people, and the same scenery.
I've seen a lot of unfortunate things in myself and other people over the years and I feel like it is time to go out and make changes.

That was one realization!

Also, working at the hotel today, a woman came up to the front desk and asked me are there any local bingo spots. I think to myself...hmmm...no I have no idea. I haven't even heard the mention of Bingo in at least a year, but I looked it up for her on the Internet. I searched through Google Maps, Google, Yellow Pages, and a number of other search engines. I found a place and called to check their hours for her. A very petite woman with an awesome black furry hat and shiny baggy black pants waited patiently for the results. I gave her the hours and I apologized for the wait. She replied to me "Oh, It was worth the wait, I think I'll go tomorrow. Thank You!"

Yes, that's the entire story BUT if you would have heard the tone of her voice and the happiness she felt after I had done all of that bingo research you would have been just as touched as I am right now. It was a feeling I wont forget!



Fires are beautiful, they glow, and grow, and release warmth until they die. Balloons are beautiful, they are colorful and light up faces, floating higher and higher swaying this way and that way until they pop!

I refuse to not glow, grow, float, sway, give off warmth, light up faces, and reach my full potential...

No comments:

Followers